Be A Volunteer
If you have an interest in learning more about social investing, the AVPN Conference is the best platform to find out what is currently making great strides forward in the field.
We are looking for adept and spirited individuals to assist in the day-to-day running of the conference. We’d love for you to apply if you’re up for a challenge and meeting new people. Volunteers are required to commit for the whole duration of the Conference to the different roles that include:
As a contributor to the AVPN blog, the blog writer has the editorial experience to turn content into digestible pieces that engage an international audience who are seeking to learn about the latest trends in social investing.
The individual will attend the designated sessions at the summit and accurately and effectively capture the event proceedings. At the end, he or she will produce an engaging blog article written in English based on the editorial guidelines provided by AVPN. This will be published on the AVPN website.
In addition, the writer will take notes via his or her preferred method (handwritten, types, recorded, photographs, handouts, etc). The notes should include the main points and takeaways from the presentation, both spoken or shown in the presentation.
Preference will be given to individuals who are proficient in written and oral English, and familiar with the themes in the social investment landscape. Please provide 1-2 writing samples of previously published work in English.
General duties for all volunteers
- All conference team staff, including volunteers, are expected to assist and host delegates. This refers to ushering from point to point, greeting of delegates, providing information about conference programme and venues.
- Where required, you may be roped in to assist in ad hoc duties.
- When you are not involved in any duties, you are welcome to attend the conference sessions. You may also interact with delegates and speakers for networking but preferably during the evening reception.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be available from 8 – 12 June 2020 (dates inclusive)
- Be responsible and commit to the agreed schedule
- In return for your time with helping us make this year’s Conference an extremely rewarding experience for all involved, we offer you the opportunity to meet some of the world’s best known leaders from social finance, commerce, governmental and academic sectors. You will also have the opportunity to meet organisations supported by some of our members to see firsthand the benefits of impact investment partnerships in practice.
- Access to all Conference Sessions, once shift is complete or as duties allow.
- Meals will be provided during volunteering hours.
Please note that AVPN is unable to reimburse volunteers on any transport and accommodation expenses incurred in the duration of voluntary work.
To apply, please include your CV, a cover letter on why you’re keen to volunteer and 2 writing samples of previously published work in English in your e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.