Be A Volunteer
If you have an interest in learning more about social investing, the AVPN Conference is the best platform to find out what is currently making great strides forward in the field.
We are looking for adept and spirited individuals to assist in the day-to-day running of the conference. We’d love for you to apply if you’re up for a challenge and meeting new people. Volunteers are required to commit for the whole duration of the Conference to different roles that include:
Ensure that all aspects of the session is taken care of so that the session runs smoothly. This includes making sure the room is ready, connecting with the speakers, as well as ensuring that the session keeps to the designated time, ushering and assisting delegates in their queries.
Session rapporteur (SR) should take notes on the session, including any highlights from Q&A, any three key points from the session, and submitting the key takeaways.
Registration volunteers must enjoy working with people and have the ability to stay calm when faced with a large crowd. Delegates will expect you to have an answer to everything, so familiarise yourself with the conference schedule and other information you believe will contribute to an overall positive conference experience. You will assist in welcoming delegates to the conference, assist them with registration, distribute conference materials and answer general enquiries.
Tech support volunteers must be comfortable with providing technical support during the conference and assisting with troubleshooting enquiries.
General duties for all volunteers
- All conference team staff, including volunteers, are expected to assist and host delegates. This refers to ushering from point to point, greeting of delegates, providing information about conference programme and venues.
- Where required, you may be roped in to assist in ad hoc duties.
- When you are not involved in any duties, you are welcome to attend the conference sessions. You may also interact with delegates and speakers for networking but preferably during the evening reception.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Attend the mandatory volunteers’ briefing and assist in pre-event preparation activities
- Be responsible and commit to the agreed schedule
- In return for your time with helping us make this year’s Conference an extremely rewarding experience for all involved, we offer you the opportunity to meet some of the world’s best known leaders from social finance, commerce, governmental and academic sectors. You will also have the opportunity to meet organisations supported by some of our members to see firsthand the benefits of impact investment partnerships in practice.
- Access to all Conference Sessions, once shift is complete or as duties allow.
- Meals will be provided during volunteering hours.
To apply, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.