AVPN Constellations highlights the ways in which AVPN members are addressing the complex problems of our times with stellar interconnected solutions, leveraging the power of networks for greater impact.
AVPN will recognise outstanding social investment collaborations between its members driving interconnected solutions to the complex social and environmental problems in the Asia Pacific region.
By celebrating organisations and projects that are at the forefront of Asia’s social investment ecosystem, AVPN hopes to inspire more of its members and the wider community to mobilise more capital towards impact. The projects recognised will not represent a list of the best or those with the most impact but rather examples of excellent work as a starting point to inspire many more.
Applications for recognition will be open only to AVPN members. The eligibility criteria for the collaboration projects are:
- Cross-sectoral collaboration that leverages the power of networks:
- A collaboration between at least 2 AVPN members
- That breaks down silos across sectors and includes at least two types of organizations (Foundation, Family Office, Corporation, Financial Institution, Intermediaries – see here for description)
- Leveraged the power of networks for greater impact
- Impact potential: It addresses one of the Asia’s most pressing problems, and it has a cohesive plan to drive change and achieve long-term impact in markets in Asia-Pacific and/or the Middle East
- Innovation: It employs innovative approaches, practices and technologies that disrupt an unsustainable and unjust equilibrium to solve social and/or environmental problems.
- Inspirational: it motivates people to take action for solving issues in Asia.
- Projects may either have been initiated, in progress, or have already been completed, within the past 3 years (Since January 2017)
Selected projects will be recognised and celebrated at the AVPN Conference 2020, provided with an AVPN badge of honour and gain on-going marketing and media exposure.
An independent panel of judges with distinguished backgrounds will assess the entries following rigorous criteria with integrity, objectivity, impartiality, avoidance of conflict of interest and transparency.
Timeline (subject to change without notice)
|7 Jan 2020||Awards announcement to AVPN members and call for submissions|
|28 Feb 2020
|Deadline for submissions|
|Mar – May 2020||Internal screening by AVPN and evaluation by judges|
|20 May 2020||Results are communicated to applicants|
|Jun 2020||Outstanding projects are featured at AVPN 2020 Conference|
- Application submission date: By 23:59 GMT+8 on 28 February 2020
- Submit via the online form
- Application should be submitted in English only and follow the requirements of the application form.
- The application is free of charge.
- For any queries, please contact: email@example.com
- AVPN reserves the right to change the specifications of AVPN Constellations 2020.
The first stage focuses on the completeness of the provided documents and the responses to the questions raised. AVPN will carry out the eligibility review and inform those whose submission is not complete. Applications with incomplete submission will not be able to proceed to the judging stage.
Candidates will be judged according to four judging criteria:
|Judging criteria||Description||Weight (%)|
|Cross-sectoral collaboration & leverage of networks||Demonstrate cross-sectoral collab between 2 members that have leveraged networks to achieve greater impact.||30%|
|Impact potential||The partnership addresses one of the Asia Pacific and/or Middle East’s most pressing problems, and it has a cohesive plan to drive change and achieve long-term impact.||30%|
|Innovation||The partnership employs innovative approaches, practices and technologies that disrupt an unsustainable and unjust equilibrium to solve social and/or environmental problems.||20%|
|Potential to inspire others||The partnership motivates people to take action for solving issues in Asia Pacific and/or Middle East.||20%|
Panel of Judges
Bradley Busetto, Director, United Nations Development Programme
Francis Ngai, CEO & Founder, Social Ventures Hong Kong
Fay Twersky, Director, Effective Philanthropy Group, Hewlett Foundation
Moutushi Sengupta, Country Director, MacArthur Foundation
Naina Subberwal Batra, Chairperson and CEO, AVPN
- Applicants must not submit any false documents or information to apply, and must follow the requirements of the overview. If the provided information does not meet the requirements, AVPN reserves the right to decline the application. Should the investigation prove the information provided by any organisations to be false, they will be disqualified from the award.
- Information submitted by applications may be used in marketing, promotion and media engagement by AVPN.
- For AVPN’s data protection policy, please visit: https://avpn.asia/data-protection-policy/