The APAC region is uniquely at risk of the threat of natural disasters– a person living in the region is five times more likely to be impacted than other regions.
There is an urgent need in the disaster sector to move funders from a reactive to a proactive focus in their funding. Whilst significant funding is directed to disaster relief, less than 1% of global funding is allocated to disaster risk reduction despite a seven-fold ROI on funding preparedness activities. This session will uncover barriers and share new approaches to strategic capital deployment for scalable solutions and collaborative efforts amongst corporates, private funders, community leaders and social purpose organisations.
- Highlight why it is important for funders and resource providers to look at risk reduction
- Understand the current landscape and how capital is deployed, or not
- Establish where are the areas for collaborations and what are some case studies available
- Deal Share Live: Partnering for Innovation in Disaster Technology
- Building an Impact Economy: A Call to Action For the Philanthropic Sector
Director Accenture Development Partnerships
President & CEO Give2Asia
Chairman Prudence Foundation
Lead, Corporate Social Responsibility, Asia Pacific IBM
ASEAN Public Affairs, Communications and Sustainability Director Coca-Cola