Asia Pacific high net worth assets have been growing at a rapid pace. Specifically, family offices in Asia are outperforming their peers, most recently reporting an average of 16.4% portfolio return on investment, compared to the global average of 15.5% (based on Global Family Office Report 2017). This points to a high-potential source of capital for impact, given the historical trend of family offices being engaged in philanthropy. Yet there is still a lot of work to be done to mobilise this very important source of impact capital.
This panel will dive deeper with trailblazing family offices about their rationale, strategic approaches, and the important considerations and factors before committing to an impact investment strategy. The audience will have an opportunity to hear insights on what family offices need from the ecosystem so that more of this important source of impact capital can be unlocked.
- Insights from the impact investment experience and strategic approaches from various family offices
- Deepen understanding of their decision-making processes and distinction from other investors for impact
- Learn how family offices integrate and/or complement philanthropy with investing for impact
- Finding opportunities in China’s social investment sector
- Redefining social finance through innovative finance models
- Workshop: Identifying impact investment opportunities for accredited investors in Asia