Welcome to AVPN Virtual Conference 2020! As we approach the event, we would like to ensure that you have all the necessary information for an enjoyable experience during the virtual conference.
Join us for the pre-conference familiarisation sessions on Adobe Connect.
2 June, Tuesday / 18:30 GMT+8 (or 16:00 IST) [For delegates based in India]
3 June, Wednesday / 10:00 GMT+8, 15:00 GMT+8 and 18:00 GMT+8
5 June, Friday / 16:00 SGT
Before the Conference
A separate email would have been sent to the email address that you have registered for the AVPN Virtual Conference. This email contains a personalised url that allows you to log in effortlessly to conference.avpn.asia without the use of a password. Please make sure you save this url so that you could enjoy unrestricted access on the conference page.
If you need to retrieve your personalised login url again, please click on the “Login” link on the top right of the conference website, after which you will be prompted to enter the email address associated with your virtual conference ticket. A new login url will be sent to that email address.
Edit your profile
Once you log in to AVPN Virtual Conference, make sure you edit your profile and add a photo so that other attendees could reach out to you more easily.
The AVPN Virtual Conference website is mobile responsive but is best experienced on desktop, with Google Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge as the preferred browsers.
Accessing Live and Recorded Sessions
Click on the session titles in the Agenda page to access live and recorded sessions.
Most live sessions will be held on the Adobe Connect platform, with some others on the Zoom platform. You may enter the virtual rooms by clicking the ‘Join the LIVE session’ button in the individual session pages.
If you have problems assessing the live session on Adobe Connect, please join us in the Zoom broadcast.
The indicated timing of the live sessions is based on GMT+8, Singapore Time.
Recorded sessions will be uploaded within 24 hours after the live session ended.
Make valuable connections through the AVPN Connector
The AVPN Connector is available to attendees from AVPN member organisations and Paid ticket holders, and allows you to message and schedule 1-to-1 meetings with fellow collaborators.
Remember to edit your profile once you log in to AVPN Virtual Conference so that other attendees can reach out to you more easily.
Access a “round the clock” virtual Exhibit Area at the AVPN Hub
Explore the AVPN Hub, a specially curated showcase of AVPN’s newest platforms, where you can find resources and fellow collaborators to help you scale impact around specific cause areas such as Climate Action, Gender, COVID-19 and more.
Live Sessions on Adobe Connect
- Step 1: Download the Adobe Connect
For the best conference experience on Adobe Connect, please make sure that you download the Adobe Connect app prior to attending any of the sessions.
For Windows: https://www.adobe.com/go/Connectsetup
For Mac: https://www.adobe.com/go/ConnectSetupMac
For mobile devices:
iTunes: Adobe Connect Mobile for iOS
Google Play Store: Adobe Connect Mobile for Android
Please note, however, that Adobe Connect is best experienced on desktop.
- Step 2: Run the Adobe Connect Diagnostic Test
Before joining the conference sessions on Adobe Connect, please run the step-by-step Adobe Connect diagnostic test to ensure that your computer and network connections are verified to provide you with the best possible experience on the platform. The diagnostic test checks the following:
- Clear connection to Adobe Connect
- Bandwidth availability
- Latest Adobe Connect application for desktop
- Step 3: During the live sessions on the Adobe Connect platform
- You may join the live sessions on Adobe Connect by clicking on the ‘Join the LIVE session’ button in the individual session pages.
- When you first enter Adobe Connect, it is a good practice to run the Adobe Connect Audio Wizard, which will help setup and tune your audio devices for use with Adobe Connect.
- Check that the audio button is switched on and turns to green so that you are able to hear the speakers during the session. For the best audio experience, please use earphones.
You could adjust the volume by clicking ‘Adjust Speaker Volume’ in the dropdown menu for audio.
- Throughout the session, feel free to ask the panellists questions through the Q&A pod. Note that you will only be able to see your own questions, until the moderator chooses to share these questions with the wider audience.
- Clicking on the links in the Links-Sharing pod will lead you to another window in the browser.
- You may pause the video broadcast of the speakers at any time by clicking on the ‘Pause’ button at the bottom left corner of the webcam pod, while the audio feed continues. This is a helpful measure to maintain the bandwidth and connectivity.
- To find out how good your connectivity is, refer to the connectivity bars on the top right hand corner. When all the bars show green, your connectivity is excellent.
If you find the various functions in Adobe Connect lagging and the bars have turned red or orange, please follow the suggested options:
- If the webcam is running, click ‘Pause’ in the webcam pod. (see point 5 above)
- Press ‘X’ to logout of the Adobe Connect app and log-in again. If you are using the browser version of Adobe Connect, refresh the page.
- Make sure the other applications running in the background are closed. If necessary, reboot the computer and log-in to Adobe Connect again.
- If all other options fail, please click on the Zoom link for the broadcast of the same session. This link is found on the individual session pages.
- You may also click on the AVPN Tech Help Desk in the Link Sharing pod for enquiries.
Live Sessions on Zoom
You will need to have a Zoom account. Please go to https://zoom.us to sign up for a free account.
Ensure that the laptop/desktop speakers and microphone (mic) are enabled, and in order. For the best audio experience, please use earphones. Do note, that to minimise distractions, we will be putting your mic on ‘mute’ by default.
You may join the live sessions on Zoom by clicking on the button in the individual session pages.
To enter the meeting room, you may be directed to the page below. Please click ‘Join the Computer Audio’ or ‘Join Audio by Computer’.
You may be prompted to allow Zoom to use your microphone. Please click Allow.
During the live session, please ensure your mic is on mute at all times. Unmute only if you are making a comment or have a question. This is to reduce any noise or distraction during the session. The organisers or moderators of the session may mute your mic if there is too much background noise that could affect the quality of the session.
For any assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are unable to see this page, please download this how-to guide.